Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > maxisys mini with j2534 pass thru
maxisys mini with j2534 pass thru

2425 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2017-02-16 00:22:36

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    dula
    2017-02-15 21:47:33
    Hello everyone can I buy autel j2534 paas thru and connect it to my maxisys mini?will it work and will I be able to use the j2534 functions?

Tags: mini

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-02-16 00:22:36 (Reply to:dula)

No , but with the regular MS908 you are able to, however doing so  would make the regular MS 908 into a MS908 Pro which would forever increase the cost of any needed update subscription for coverage about $500 more from $700- $1200 for 12 months of Chinese server access for some BMW , Mercedes , and Audi programming files which could likely get your @ss sued by a lawyer if you disabled a high end car and need to wait 2 weeks for any help from support , I would be hesitant to buy the Pro or Elite unless I do a lot of BMW, Mercedes, and Audi  module programming, and the cars are disabled for awhile anyway for collision repair.
      In my opinion you are better off buying a  MS905 mini, purchase Maxi Flash Pro separate and use that non validated J2534  off a windows laptop with a purchased 24 hour sub to flash an occasional  salvage yard ecm  for grateful customers with beaters.I might be wrong , but judging by the problems people sometimes have with the repair software after updating , and the Piss poor support off the user forum , I just feel some Hi end car modules are just too expensive to risk bricking them with programming files through a second party off a congested server in China with a Non Validated J2534 device and car be down a few weeks waiting to get support.
  Total1 Pages